The Harriman campus library is getting a new ceiling and lighting to replace our 30 year old ceiling. Renovations will begin on Monday, June 13 and will continue until at least Monday, June 27.
During this time, the first floor of the Harriman campus library will be closed.
Harriman campus library services will be available to students and employees on the library’s 2nd floor. All library guests will enter from the second story entrance on the front of the library outside the Learning Center/CTAT area. Directional signs will be posted.
During this time, library staff will be present and available to help with library and research needs.
- We will issue library cards, check-out books and receive returned books at a service point near the new temporary 2nd floor entrance.
- We will continue offering courier delivery of requested books and articles.
- We will continue to provide reference/research assistance in-person, by phone and online.
- Students and staff will find computers and wireless laptops available for their use in the learning center. Due to limited computers, there will be no computer access available to our community patrons until the 1st floor reopens.
- Learning Center services will be available in their current location.
During this time, the Harriman campus library will close at 4:30pm. The Oak Ridge campus library will observe normal hours.
This project will also include security and fire alarm system upgrades.
You can follow the project’s progress right here on the Roane State Libraries blog.